Admission to School
Admission to School is based on the following criteria:
- Children living in catchment area
- Siblings of children already in school
- Children of regular communicants of Lea Church
- Special needs
- Distance of home from school
Children will be admitted to school as follows:
- Children whose 5th birthday falls between September 1st – August 31st are admitted full time in September
- Children visit the school for half-day and full-day visits during the half-term before the term in which they start full-time education. The school notifies parents by letter in advance.
Please see our Admissions Policy for further details (available from the office).
Pupils completing their primary education at the School usually transfer to either John Kyrle High School, Ross-on-Wye, or Dene Magna High School, Mitcheldean. Some pupils may transfer to Bishop Bluecoat School, Hereford. Pupils who are successful with passing the entrance exams for Grammar School may transfer to Denmark Road School for Girls, Gloucester, Sir Thomas Rich’s, Gloucester, or other similar Grammar Schools.
We have strong links with both John Kyrle High School and Dene Magna High School. Throughout their last year, children experience transfer days to their chosen secondary school in order to make the transition as smooth as possible. Performing Arts, Science days, and sports fixtures are a few of the curriculum-based links we have established.
Registering your Child
Parents should register their child at the earliest opportunity to ensure a space is available by telephoning 01432 260000 and asking for Pupil Admissions Section at Herefordshire Council or contacting the school directly. Parents will be sent a PA1 (Pupil Admission form). All new parents are encouraged to visit the school before their children are due to start in order to view our facilities and meet the staff.
Simply telephone the school for an appointment.
Our Pre-School is Governor run and based in a purpose built log cabin on the school site. The children take part in some shared curriculum led activities throughout the year.